WWE, TNA, RoH, MEXICO, JAPAN even some MMA...

Friday, January 23, 2015

Newy Pro comes to Gosford and Charli and Concrete make the most of it




its been a looooong time since the Central Coast Leagues Club had a wrestling ring within its confines, the club itself has some history with wrestling, it used to be a regular thing when i was a little tacker , tv guys like Bill Dundee, Ken Medlin, Jan Jansen and Ron Fury regularly came to Gosford and got it on around for the pleasure of the masses 


So when I saw that Newy Pro were bunging on a show at the club, I was there, and not because i'm a wrestling fan, more like, i'm a fan of Australian wrestling, I've always said that our top blokes can go with anyone...the boys from TMDK currently working in Japan have proved that...and let me state here and now that Jack Bonza, Mick Moretti, The Eagle boys among others are in the same rarified air, talent wise, as Haste and Nichols....


.before I go further, let me say that I'm a firm believer in talent working in whatever mode they do (heel/face) and they should carry that over to wherever they are working...


.I've been watching the Four Nations creating havoc for the past couple of years ( at PWA shows in particular)so when they showed up in Gosford straddling the fence, except for Moretti , the evil prick and the sheila that drives 'em into a frenzy, Shazza McKenzie.... i was a bit confused...maybe i'm over thinking it......yeah probably, .....anyway to the show



The curtain jerker for the proceedings involved "The Green Dragon" Mick Moretti vs Sean Kustom, Moretti was his usual scumbag self, but that takes nothing away from his ring work, the bloke can go and he can get the reacton he wants when he wants, a sign of talent, and as for Kustom, blimey he can go as well, first time I'd seen him get stuck ( in I think) might of seen him at Casula Powerhouse, not sure, anyway, him and Mick had a cracker of a match that got the crowd going...ended up with Moretti pinning Sean....****


Chris Hermes & Mat Rogers vs Alpha Brenner & Alpha Taters - 
then came a tag match with four blokes I had never seen anywhere before, now as much as i hate to bag anyone game enought to get in the ring, I got to say as relates to this match, 3 of em dressed like wrestlers and 3 of em looked like wrestlers ...then there was the stick insect called Alpha Taters..probably a very nice fella who knows his stuff BUT if you have ever watched a PWG dvd and saw "Pretty "Peter Avalon work, well, Avalon is a giant compared to Alpha Taters..and Avalon aint close to being average wrestler size, so you can work out how scrawny this bloke was....cudos to Matt Rogers for selling for him, suspend that belief boys, ended up a squashing and NPW Middle weight Champ Chris Hermes is a talent for the future of that i'm certain......**


And then came the moment that I personally was waiting for , the return  of an aussie original from a busted ankle ..


The Legend that is Concrete Davidson took on "The Heat", started out with Davo showing up on his golden bicycle and him and Brian having a pose down, which Concrete won in short order he then proceeded to thrash Seeker to within an inch of his existence, yep Concrete was back .....then came time to mark out and get a photo with the great  man....cue my fanboydom....



 Diego Retamales v Bee Boy
After the mark out session, a rather talented and well known,  chap called Bee Boy showed up to buzz around the Central Coast Leagues Club, he was taking on a bloke I, once again, cant say I've seen before, Diego had the L.A gang banger thing going on, I almost did a Konnan and shouted "Arriba, where my dogs at?"


 I must say, that white contact he had in was creepy, very creepy...anyway, they had a pretty good little match which Diego won, shame I was positive we were gonna see a Bee Sting, a young fella near me with a Bee Boy mask on wasn't best pleased.


Charlie Evans vs Shazza McKenzie - 

Then came the pop of the night, I thought Concrete would get it, but nup he just got shaded by a local girl making her Gosford Debut, Charli Evans I knew she had worked some Blue Mountins shows, but this was the first time I had seen her, her opponent, the sheila that drives them into a frenzy, the bombshell called Shazza Mackenzie... the evil cow, Charli had to do about 3 laps of the ring before the crowd calmed down (think she brought some family members in), Shazza and her had a great match, there was majistra cradles and hunacanranas and some real stiff shazza kicks...BUT...Charli got the 3 count, cue the second big pop of the evening.




 4 Nations Jack Bonza & Adam Hoffman vs The Eagle Boys Ryan & Robbie Eagles.
then came the main event and what a main event, Gosford got to see four of the most talented blokes currently working aussie shows at the moment, I must admit to being a huge fan of the ring work of Jack Bonza and Robbie Eagles , mind you Ryan Eagles and Adam Hoffman aint that far behind 'em...this match had the lot, mat work, flying stuff, crowd participation, subtle heeldom , yep, a deadest cracker and as I mentioned before , Bonza and Hoff are usually dastardly heels but not this time, even the Eagles stuck one or two toes into heelsville...


and I was gobsmacked that Bonza had both his PWA and Newy Pro heavyweight belts with him...very unusual in this day and age for a guy who holds two companies belts to wear them at the same time , or I'm being old school and dont know it..


.anyway 4 Nations got the win and then brought out Charli for a farewell to the near 300 strong crowd......I was most stoked, a pretty damn good show , here's hoping that they make Gosford a regular stop on the Newy Pro circuit.



















No comments:

Post a Comment